The Conrad Design mETHOD
SPRINT 4 STEM
The Conrad Design Method,(CDM) inspired by Google Ventures Design Sprint, is a structured five phase collaboration framework for teachers and student teams to understand and accomplish innovative and
entrepreneurial solutions. Step by step, teams will identify and understand a problem,sketch solutions, prototype and validate.
This method uses a customizable innovative project management application , Trello, to visually present curriculum and guide student teams
and their teachers through each step of the design process. Through the CDM students and teachers gain access to ongoing personalized lesson
plans, subject matter experts, training modules and online support. In addition, this platform provides the framework for teachers and students to
share and guide each other.
WHO IS CDM FOR?
- STEM coaches
- Subject Matter Experts
- CDM is customizable curriculum for education.
- CDM is an online training tool which is integrated into a visual project management application.
- CDM is a platform for providing teachers and students online training support and engagement.
- CDM is designed to be flexible.
- CDM can be used in 45 minute and 90 minute classes.
- The framework may be adapted for use by clubs and students
- Hands-on exercises, short video lectures, subject matter experts, guidance , modeling and discussions
- Personalized competition support providing assistance with completing each step of the challenge.
- Certificate of completion of the CDM
From our beta testers...
"Using the Conrad Design Method our team was able to discuss and comment on each other’s process, which helped us to get a better understanding about our project.” Antonio (10th grader)
“I liked the Conrad Design Method because it is a good way to start the year and get familiar with a process that we will be using all year. In addition, I think it’s extremely helpful for us to think about the future steps we need to carry in order for our project to succeed.” Dani (12th grader)
“I think the mapping and planning process was the most efficient form of communication between my group. We were able to compare ideas, share likes and dislike, and find new ideas and holes in our plan that we never realized before. We were also able to answer some of our "What if?" questions and plan accordingly for future problems. Because our group was finally able to get on board with our individual ideas and perceptions of the task, I think today's process should be completed somewhat earlier in regards to the Sprint so that groups can more easily communicating right from
the start.” Leah (11 grader)
“Anyone can innovate using the Conrad Design Method platform” Lauren (Spirit of Innovation Alum 15 & 16)
“By using the same tools and processes used by top companies students and their teachers can create better products faster and more efficiently.” Claude Charron (Spirit of Innovation Coach 2011-2016)