support the future with your expertise!
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) program is a core element of the Conrad Challenge. Through our No Box Toolbox platform, our SME volunteers impart their industry and academic expertise by guiding student teams throughout the Investor Pitch and Business Plan rounds of the competition. This program is a tremendous benefit to students as it allows them to gain relevant information about a variety of industries and receive guidance on project development. The Conrad Challenge is an excellent opportunity for experts from various industries and fields of government, research and academia to help support the youth of today and take an active role in shaping our future workforce.
- Recruit potential interns and entry-level professionals
- Help students gain real-world context for the STEM principles learned in the classroom
- Gain insight into what motivates young people today; use in recruitment initiatives
- The Conrad Challenge team will match student teams with a dedicated SME based on the team’s category and needs. SMEs may be invited to engage in the No Box Toolbox to benefit numerous teams
- General SMEs will not be assigned specific teams, but provide an overview to all
- SMEs have the opportunity, if desired, to guide team(s) during the inception and development of their concepts, the Investor Pitch, Business Plan, and Finalist presentations for the Conrad Challenge Summit.
General SMEs will be a sounding board to multiple teams through the No Box Toolbox platform. Time commitments will vary based on tailored assignments from the Conrad Foundation's Director of Education.
SMEs, on average, will spend 30 minutes to 1 hour per week guiding and preparing Conrad Innovators and Finalist teams. Some weeks will require more or less time depending on what you have arranged with teams regarding their projects.
SIGN ME UP!
If you are interested in serving as a Subject Matter Expert for the 2018-2019 Conrad Challenge, please fill out the form below. If you have any additional questions or concerns please email us.
By submitting this form, you will be automatically added to the Conrad Challenge email distribution database.
The Conrad Foundation will not share your information with student participants or any other third parties.